Clear Creek Canyon offers lots of excellent climbing routes on a variety of cliffs. For those eager to learn or progress in multi-pitch climbing, Clear Creek is a great location to practice these skills.
- Half-day: 4 hours
- Full-day: 6 hours
- Tailored to any skill level
- Climber groups of two or more are available
- Single Climber (Half Day)
- Single Climber (Full Day)
Boulder Canyon offers a great variety of climbs from challenging sport climbs to classic traditional routes that made climbing history. There is a bit of everything for everyone in Boulder Canyon. Book a four-hour rock climbing adventure or go all out with a six-hour option.
What to Bring
- Water FRCC highly recommends bringing 2 quarts (2-3 liters) of water.
- Food (snacks/lunch) Along with the water, keeping your body fueled throughout your trip will let you focus on climbing and not you:r stomach. Food a simple as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to high-tech energy bars will keep you going throughout your trip.
- Small backpack: A small backpack allows you to carry your food, water, and other items you need for the day. A backpack versus a handbag lets you freely use your hands while moving around the climbing areas.
- Sneakers/Approach Shoes/Chaco Sandals ™: Most of the climbing areas require a slight hike from the parking area to reach your climbs. FRCC suggests a pair of sturdy sneakers, approach shoes, or Chacos™ to safely get you to the climbs. You can call our office or ask your guide if your footwear is appropriate for your climbing destination.
- Sunscreen: The sun can be intense at all of our climbing locations. FRCC recommends bringing sunscreen to prevent sunburns and other potential sun related issues.
- Sunglasses [optional]: Sunglasses help protect your eyes from the sun throughout the day.
- Camera [optional]: Pictures help you remember your trip. If you have a camera, bring it along and snap away.
- Rain jacket: Summer thunderstorms can occur at any time in Colorado. A light rain jacket will keep you dry in the event of rain.