Moab: Castleton Tower
- Single Climber
- Group of 2 Climbers
- Group of 3 Climbers
- Group of 4 Climbers
Multi-pitch climbing in Moab – All Day Adventure!
This 8-hour climbing trip offers multi-pitch climbing on one of the most iconic desert towers in the Southwest. This adventure is best for those with outdoor climbing experience and some crack climbing experience. Talk with one of our specialists to decide if this trip is right for you.
• All necessary technical equipment
• Guide with excellent technical experience and knowledge
• All necessary permits and fees
Typically 8 hours;
length is highly dependent on crowds and individual’s climbing comfort. Best to plan on an all day adventure before you return to your lodging at the end of the day
What to Bring
• Water FRCC highly recommends bringing 2 quarts (2-3 Liters) of water per person.
• Food (Snacks / Lunch) Along with the water, keeping your body fueled throughout your trip will let you focus on climbing and not your stomach. Food a simple as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to high tech energy bars will keep you going throughout your trip.
• Small Backpack A small backpack will allow you to carry your food, water, and other items you will need for the day. A backpack versus a handbag will let you freely use your hands while moving around the climbing areas.
• Sneakers / Approach Shoes / Chaco Sandals ™ Most of the climbing areas require a slight hike from the parking area to reach your climbs. FRCC suggests a pair of sturdy sneakers, approach shoes, or Chacos™ to safely get you to the climbs. You can call our office or ask your guide if your footwear will be appropriate for your climbing destination.
• Sunscreen The sun can be intense at all of our climbing locations. FRCC recommends bringing sunscreen to prevent sunburns and other potential sun related issues.
• Sunglasses [optional] Sunglasses will help protect your eyes from the sun throughout the day.
• Camera [optional] Pictures will help you remember your trip. If you have a camera, bring it along and snap away.