The Garden of the Gods, one of Colorado Springs’ city parks, is a marvel to the eye and the soul. Offering climbing for all skill levels, the Garden of the Gods is an exceptional location…
- Half-day: 4 hours
- Tailored to any skill level
- Options for climber groups of two or more are available
The four-hour “Vertical Limit” climbing trip offers lots of climbing, and is tailored to any skill level for beginner through advanced climbers. Learn basic rock climbing skills, including equipment, knots, belaying, descending, and climbing movement. This is a great Colorado rock climbing experience!
What to Bring
- Water FRCC highly recommends bringing 2 quarts (2-3 liters) of water.
- Food (snacks/lunch) Along with the water, keeping your body fueled throughout your trip will let you focus on climbing and not you:r stomach. Food a simple as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to high-tech energy bars will keep you going throughout your trip.
- Small backpack: A small backpack allows you to carry your food, water, and other items you need for the day. A backpack versus a handbag lets you freely use your hands while moving around the climbing areas.
- Sneakers/Approach Shoes/Chaco Sandals ™: Most of the climbing areas require a slight hike from the parking area to reach your climbs. FRCC suggests a pair of sturdy sneakers, approach shoes, or Chacos™ to safely get you to the climbs. You can call our office or ask your guide if your footwear is appropriate for your climbing destination.
- Sunscreen: The sun can be intense at all of our climbing locations. FRCC recommends bringing sunscreen to prevent sunburns and other potential sun related issues.
- Sunglasses [optional]: Sunglasses help protect your eyes from the sun throughout the day.
- Camera [optional]: Pictures help you remember your trip. If you have a camera, bring it along and snap away.
- Rain jacket: Summer thunderstorms can occur at any time in Colorado. A light rain jacket will keep you dry in the event of rain.